Saturday 9 January 2010

There's no plaice like home

This week I had the good news that i'm being sent a conditional contract for my job. That means that it should be only a few weeks until I start working. In celebration of this Mum asked me what I would like for dinner. I wanted fish pie and Cava so that is what we had.


Poach some fish in milk. We had cod (white fish) and haddock (smoked). Cook some potatoes and mash them. Make a white sauce and put cheese in it. Hard boil some eggs and cut them up. Flake the fish and take out the bones if there are any visible. Add eggs, prawns, and flaked fish to the sauce. Put that in a dish and layer the mash potato on top. Grate some cheese on top of that. Put in the oven for about half an hour until the cheese has melted golden brown.

Top tip: use the milk the fish has been poached in to make the white sauce.
Also, don't bother making if you haven't got much time. Takes ages. But is amazing.

We ate it with a leek and mushroom mix and I drank most of the cava to see if it would bubble my cold away. We also watched the Railway Children whilst eating it. Very sad film. Wept most of the way through.

Bye for now fishies xxxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment