Saturday 30 January 2010

ForQuorned is Forearmed


Have hardly had time to catch my breath recently with an influx of sociales. Had a wonderful night last night comprising of central drinks with the London fam then party time with Harrie. This morning Harrie and I somehow burst out of slumber feeling very lively so I was more than ready to take on Broadway market with Diana for a coffee and custard strawberry tart. Post that I came home and was very Mum and cooked all the vegetables I had in the fridge into more than two conclusions. I made a broccoli and pea pasta sauce for lunch and a Quorn Veg lasagne to lie in wait for future occasions. Then when I next need a quick tasty dinner out the blue I can whip it out of the freezer and pop into open mouths via the oven.

Gina made me this lasagne on Friday served with buttery crusty ciabatta to mop up the sauce.
1 bag Quorn mince, 3 cloves garlic, 1 bottle of pesto, chilli powder, single cream, lasagne sheets, cheddar cheese, assorted veg (she used mushrooms, courgettes, peppers, spinach). Fry Quorn mince in oil, add garlic until partly cooked. Add veg and continue frying until those slightly cooked. Add chilli powder and 1 bottle of pesto and water measuring half of that pesto bottle. Leave to simmer until veg cooked. Grease ovenproof dish, lay one sheet of lasagne sheets, top with cream, then veg/mince layer. Repeat till dish is full. Top with cheese. Bake at 150c until cheese is golden.
It's so good.

Probably should have a quick nap now so I've got time to fit in an episode of Brothers and Sisters before Bob comes round to get ready for David Haddrell's birthday party. It's all go!

Sweet slumber lacies xxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment