Monday 4 January 2010

Ouch

Ooh i've been away so long that I feel like i'm starting from scratch. The sound in the title was my blog hymen being torn again..

I know i've missed a lot so I'll do a run down of the last two weeks' most salient meals.

I had chicken kiev at Dave's 23rd birthday dinner on the 24th. Another re-first after ten years away from it. We went to the staff of life in mowsley and cuddled by the fire happily. Dave is always very on the pulse. Even got to 23 first! We had a roaring time.
Also available were fish and chips, and sausage and mash with crackling.

On Christmas Eve night Ro and I went to Dad's and made him a prawn and pea (both garden and sugarsnap) risotto. One of my faves. I can't be bothered to put the recipe up as it's so old and easy and i'm taking this first blog gently, but if you want a demonstration please ask.
Then obvs Christmas dins with all the trimmings but i'll spare you those details till next year. You must be full of it by now.

Made Bob's salmon spinach dish the other day for mother. It is on one of my last of december's posts. A must try!

After New Years Eve in London with all my darlings (mostly a liquid diet that night fyi apart from my poor neck) I slunk off to the north for a few days with my wonderful Jamie.
We were feeling a bit frangible after a night on the town so on Sunday we went round to Ian's house and played Monopoly whilst Jamie made us stew. I think he just put garlic, onion, chopped potatoes, chunks of chicken, chopped carrots and chicken stock into a big pot and cooked it all up for about 4o mins. Oh so heartwarming. Needed that energy to power right the way to the bitter end of monopoly. Especially Star Wars monopoly. Nightmare.
Anyway, it's been good catching up. Bye for now crumpets xxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment