Friday 29 January 2010

Without a trace

Alex and I went against Razorlight's advice and went to visit Dave's new flat in Dalston. There was actually a gang right outside the window. We kept accidentally catching their eyes whilst we were cooking. Don't they know it's a private road?? Going to tell their Mothers.

We made mash potato with spring onions, red cabbage and onion gravy to have with sausages. I was in charge of the red cabbage reduction which was quite a task. I usually cook with quite a lot of vigour so the boys were in charge of reducing the mess. This was also quite a task. They kept chanting, 'without a trace, without a trace' at me to remind me to keep my wooden spoon strokes small. Usually people will be scraping food off their door handles for weeks after i've been round. I'm very hard to shake.
Eventually it all came together and we had an absolute feast with only two or three bits of red cabbage overboard. Oh and we toasted Dave's new splendour with pink cava bien merci. Et Vous?
Alex had bought us a crumble he'd made which was delish. It had whole blackberries in! Very Sylvanian families.

I think I need a nap now so sweet slumber peaches xxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment