Wednesday 17 March 2010

The ballad of the pig

Aaah. As I saw guests on Sunday eve off after an action packed weekend my thoughts turned to what I could do to ease my over partied soul. Reading my book? A bath surely? Listening to music? (sorry wrong person) Nope, I weakly waved all of those options away and laboriously punched the ring button to get Alex over. He's such a soother. Whether he's flashing his bike lights in my eyes (appaz that's what clubs are like these days) or testing if I like butter by flicking lighters under my chin, he always restores my strength. We decided a sausage stew would be perfection for a sleepy sunday night. And a creme egg obvs.

We "coloured" the sausages in a pan. Top tip for you WYWUAS fans: give your sausages some colour first or they'll look grey in your stew. And who wants grey meat? Well actually one of my clients eats it raw but we're not cooking for her here.

Then tipped it all together with a can of lentil and bacon soup, onions, chopped tomatoes, some spices and more lentils. I do find a certain poetry in using two pig parts in one meal. Makes me feel I'm not wasting anything. Especially when it lasts for two pack lunches and another dinner.

OOh better than a bath full of radox and nearly as cheap.

Bye for now eccles cakes xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment