Friday 19 March 2010

ooh I could BUBBLE over i'm so happy

Bob and I had a delightful day looking at the Natural History Museum Wildlife Photography exhibition and then shopping for Alex's birthday presents. Unfortunately we'd forgotten that Oxford Street is as WILD as the photos had been and quickly felt hot and tired. Kept getting a bit lost but luckily we had an app for that..

(ahwhoopsy, there was meant to be a funny photo here of bob holding up a tube map and looking panicked as our "app" but my phone has broken. The sellotape just isn't holding it together these days.)

We were still pulsing from our breakfast at 6.30pm but weren't against a top up of half a tangerine and half a penguin bar each on the bus home. 'What did the sea say to the penguin? Nothing it just waved'. Aah laughter is the best medicine for soothing bodies from standing up on the 55 for 30 minutes.

Got home and was greeted by the blissful sight of Roasty and Dave cooking up a storm of spaghetti bolognaise in the kitchen. I tumbled onto the floor in a tangle of aching limbs and Roast advised me to go for a nice hot bubble bath. Arr don't mind if I do.

Haven't got a photo of the bolognaise either but I can tell you Roast and Dave's method so you can follow it and see it with your own eyes. Fry onions and the meat (only the best or finest) until cooked. Add garlic, chopped tomatoes, purée, 2 oxo cubes , basil, herbs, gravy granules and of COURSE mushroom ketchup! Then leave to simmer for an hour until thick and dreamy.

Mm just like us after our bath. FYI that's why I look so rotund in my photo, as Roast and Alex keep pointing out. I'm like a sponge with water espec if i've simmered for too long. Almost double in size.

Bye for now peaches xxxxxxxxxxx

3 comments:

  1. can I just add, it was all me who made the bolognase. Dave just chopped the onions. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. of course angel. Dave was a very good sous chef chopper xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would never use so many salt based ingredients anyway. 'a bath tub of water'! The onions were the best bit. Sous that. X x

    ReplyDelete