Wednesday 3 March 2010

Roly-poly Fran

Yesterday, much to mine and the postman's surprise, when signing for a package I passed out. One moment I was pretending to laugh when he asked for my autograph, the next my head was cuddling up to the skirting board. Very traumatic. Especially when the ambulance people jumped out. Normally I'd love four men in red onesies (kept thinking how pleased Chazzy would be to see the situation) but they were not very helpful. Seemed more interested in admiring my frondy light shade than in stemming my pain. Luckily Nurse Dave came to attend to me and we had a nice day together. For lunch we had quiche and a bit of potato salade. I could only have soft things.

Potato salad:
Cook them, add mayonnaise and chopped parsley. You could probably do more but i can't use my right hand right now.
Then Alex cam round with an oh so soft jam roly poly and some creamy biscuits from M&S.

Then Bob came round with a melty chocolate cake.

Jim made us all steak pie and broccoli and bought me some soft petaled flowers.

And Marky stroked my poor head and put on a nice beach boys documentary.

What silver linings!

1 comment:

  1. AW Fran, sounds so traumatic!!Must of been horrible!How do you think it happened??Im so lucky to have never passed out/fainted, i cant imagine not being conscious. Its nice to hear friends came to the rescue, u need some pampering after that!!Potatoe salad sounds yum, always forget to make such a simple thing that tastes lush!Hope u feel better soon,X

    ReplyDelete