Sunday 14 March 2010

I'm O-Kale.

Phew! You can wipe that worry from your brow- i'm oh so much better. Was bullying Bob on the phone last night and she commented that I seemed to be back to my usual vibrancy. Oh yes. Now speak louder on the phone!
In my absence from WYDUAS I'm been particularly enjoying a certain seasonal vegetable that I feel I ought to update you on. Kale.
I've had kale lasagne (that's not actually a photo of sick- i wasn't that ill) and a roast dinner with a side of kale, and there should be a photo of spaghetti carbonara with curly kale but the photo op slipped from my whizziwhig mind at the time.
When I make carbonara I fry onion and bacon, cook spaghetti, pop the kale or peas or whatevs in with the boiling spaghetti for the last few mins to save on washing up, then swish through with a few eggs. If you can get your hands on some cheese it makes it extra nice.

For a while I've been compiling a list of surnames I would consider changing mine to if I ever came to that frame of mind and I'm particularly a fan of a man's name I see in the credits of Mad Men. Dave Carbonara. That would make me sound very tasty. I always think of him when I make this easy dish. I also heard of a Psychologist called Dr Pillow. Seeing as I want to be a Psychologist and I like pillows a lot that seems oh so apt. I think all the patients would pick me!

p.s Dear fans, I'm ever so sorry to have let you down with an absence of posts for so long. You must have been missing me something terrible. Let me reassure you that this is the first of an ONSLAUGHT! (but later)

I'm going to Dani Bristol's now for dinner. Adios peaches xxxxxxxxxxxxx

3 comments:

  1. Franny would you like me to do a Meatball guest blog?! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phew! Was wondering when my next WYDUAS fix was due - good work

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooo can't WAIT for the WYDUAS onslaught feast!

    Have you got a google analytics? Where one Fran boldy goes........

    ! x x

    ReplyDelete