Thursday 26 November 2009

The cherry (tomato) on the top




Since around May I have been growing plants on the kitchen windowsill. Roasty kicked it off with a present of sunflower seeds for my birthday. They grew very sweetly for a while until they
snapped. One of the sunflowers is in the far left of the photo next to the aloe vera.

Since then I have branched out into the wide world of herbs and one type of vegetable.
The vegetable in question is tomato. My blue granny gave me the baby plant and I have since looked after it very carefully. It sits on the balcony peeking in through the kitchen window to say hello. Finally a few weeks ago they blossomed and I now have two tomatoes.
See:



I'm not sure what dish to use them for. Any suggestions from my fans are welcome. I'm sure you'll all be waiting with bated breath for the result so don't worry I will review their eating in full.





2 comments: