Saturday 28 November 2009

Love in a cold climate


My friend James made a beautiful meal for his girlfriend the other night. They live in Liverpool which is very cold as it's Northern.

He made up the recipes because he is genuinely food talented unlike my much laboured one pot cooking. Unfortunately, unlike me he lives in the 70s and doesn't have a photo phone so we sadly don't have real photos nestling up to these lovingly prepared dishes.

Starter:
Clementine, mint, mozzarella and little gem salad with an olive oil and st clements dressing.

Main:
Anchovy, tapenade, aubergine and tomato open lasagne with parmesan bechemel.

Pudpud:
Banana Tarte Tatin with creme fraiche

Apparently a light red wine accompanied this feast.

He is going to make this open lasagne thing for me when I next visit so I will give you a full account of that with pictures then. I'm sure you can use your imagination on the salad.
I have looked up banana tarte tatin and Jamie Oliver verifies that it is great and very simple. Bizarrely the photo used looks like my toad in the hole. Maybe a good dish to use if you wanted to make a meal of heston style disguise and swap the main and pudding to confuse your guests.
http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/fruit-recipes/banana-tarte-tatin

I think I might make it myself one day!

Roasty is about to come round to road test my chicken pie recipe and make something chocolatey for dessert. Won't be as romantic as the above but it'll be nice and cuddly. I wish he'd come round now as the boys are all snoozing infront of come dine with me and dashy is making a song. No one to chat to!

oh p.s got a uniqlo tartan red hoody today for £9.99. I've never had a hoody before. It's very comfy. They guy at the till said, 'ooh you must like the colour red' (I was wearing a red duvet coat, red heat techs, and a red backback- all uniqlo too actually). Why yes I do!

Laters presh xxxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment