Saturday 28 November 2009

Oh you again!





We are watching the xfactor whilst we wait for the chicken pie to be done. I know I only made it last week but Roasty wanted to road test my recipe. Having it with roast potatoes done by dave (guest chef today), and mange tout and broccoli. Roasty is making a chocolatey biscuity pudding later to serve with clotted cream. We went round Somerfield together taking reduced stickers off their rightful products and putting them on the things we wanted.
As you can see I've made a few little pastry hearts for the top.

Jim and Mark said it was 'lovely' and 'very nice', respectively. We didn't put mushrooms in this one because Roasty isn't too keen on them so we supplemented the leeks with a pack of
chopped seasonal veg which was on offer.
Don't they look happy.

p.s PUDDING!

Roasty's Surprise:
Roast made it by buying a ready made chocolate pudding and warming that up. Then crumbled digestives by putting them in a plastic bag and stamping on them. He then mixed the two elements up and served the warm chocolate crumble with cooling clotted cream. It was truly lovely. Great recipe if you haven't got much time on your hands.


I'd better go as I'm trying to watch 'The Thick of It' but I can't concentrate on this and Malcolm plus I just spilt clotted cream on my mac.

Sleep tight sugar buns xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment