Tuesday 29 June 2010

Knit one pearl one

Do you know, I nearly had a painful experience with a knitting needle the other day.
I was falling asleep one night about midnight and suddenly was disturbed by buzzing. Glad it wasn't a vuz vuz I picked up the phone. It was Bob anxiously asking if I was pregnant. Er No. She said she couldn't quite hear the answerphone I'd left her and so had listened to it four times and David Haddrell had, and worriedly they'd decided they better ring me.



I thanked them both and although I had to correct them (Bob doesn't put her ear to the phone properly- i probably said I was getting a penguin biscuit or using parsley) I said I would have made them Godparents I was so pleased with their support. Oh no Fran, said Bob. I was about to offer to come round with a large bottle of gin and run you a warm bath. Well luckily I'll be having my next warm bath sans knitting needles but I am about to dabble with pearling with a much more comforting vegelez pearl barley risotto.

It contains chunked butternut squash, 2 chunked red peppers, onion, garlic, thyme, parsley, rocket, parmesan. Roast squash and peppers until tender is the night. Start risotto meanwhile. Add onion, garlic, thyme leaves, soften. Add pearl barley- cook for min. Add some stock- simmer until absorbed etc for about 40 mins. Stir in parsley, roast veg. Top with rocket and parmesan.

Enjoy! xxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment