Monday 28 June 2010

Motherchef

Incase there are any late night diners out there i'm going to put this up now to help you out with supper. And actually give the full recipe and method rather than just documenting spreading Quesadilla mix round the kitchen. Can thank me later.

So after work I swooped down on Roast with a bag of ingredients and we swam through the heat back to costa del Cranston, both admiring each others' shorts as we went. Once in the kitchen, as he unravelled his past week to me I set to work finely chopping red onion and garlic and softening them. Then I added quorn mince, tom puree and chopped tomatoes and mixed up together for about ten mins on a medium heat. I then heated some oil in a pan and lightly fried a tortilla wrap until golden and air bubbling on both sides. Spread a Mohican of sauce mix through the tortilla wrap whilst it's still sitting comfortably in the pan and sprinkle that with lots of grated cheese. You can then wrap the tortilla up tight and the melting cheese glues it together. Obvs use utensils when wrapping or you'll have poor burnt fingers. Layer with loads of sour cream. Roast doesn't eat it so I practically ate the lot. So hot I just spread myself with it.

I know it doesn't look very appetising but let's face it, my food quite often doesn't. I'm much more Motherchef than Masterchef with presentation. Luckily it tastes alright and roasty and I were very happy. (p.s actually i'd made this one look like a shark. Can you tell?)

We then filled my gorgeous new ice cream vessels with ben and jerrys cookie dough and a bit of espresso and downed the whole slippy lot.

Enjoy dinner sweetpeas. I'm have to sleep now. Xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment