Friday 11 June 2010

Somewhere, over the rainbow..prawns fly into my mouth

Haven't when you dished a work dinner before but seeing as they're making me spend most of my time there I'm not sure what else they expect me to be doing. After a nice afternoon doing art club I was very pleased to find out that I was icing the day off by cooking king prawns for dinner. They were to be cooked as sweet and sour which is not my fave but to be honest quite a lot of them wriggled into my mouth whilst cooking and didn't even get introduced to the sauce. One for me, one for the pot!
Not sure how real chefs with beaucoup de time and a lack of baying clients to cook en masse for make sweet and sour but I unscrewed two jars of ready made sauce and tipped them into a pan with a hearty sprinkling of frozen mixed veg.

The rice perhaps I can interest you in. I have a new method. Put it in, bring to boil and leave for five mins till rice is 'showing' above water then turn off flame and leave for 15 mins. Keep warm by adding a lid and cuddling the whole thing with a firmly tucked in tea towel.
Mmm. I liked how colourful and rainbow it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment