Friday 12 February 2010

Biscuit tray-ning


As soon as I helter-skeltered into the induction training on fri I could tell it was going to be a bad day. So dull. The only good thing was the abundance of biscuits available but I accidentally dropped one of my first into my coffee so it plopped it all everywhere. I scooped it out and settled it on my saucer and it slid dolefully around making a scene.
Mostly ate biscuits all day so they're on the brain.

Nigella's recipe for heart shaped custard creams is:
175g plain flour, 3 tbls custard pwdr, 1 tsp baking powder, 50g butter, 3 tbls caster shugs, 1 egg beaten, 1 tbs milk or more to bind. Gas mark 4. Create crumbly mixture with flr, custard powder, baker powder, then cubes of butter. Add sugar, egg, milk to make a ball. Rest in clingfilm in fridge for 20 mins. Roll dough out and cut out hearts. Prick outside of hearts with dots. Cook for 15 mins. Make custard cream by combining 1tbls custard pwdr, 100g icing shugs, 50g butter, into smooth cream. add 1 tsp boiling water. Sandwich. Careful as they're FRANgible!

Also we played team games which obvs I won all of. The leader complimented me on my competitive spirit! I was just the most cut throat. The others had no chance. I won loads of sweets but I won't tell you any recipes as Rowntrees Randoms will take ages to explain.

Off for a day out with C so toodles poodles xxxxxxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment