Friday 19 February 2010

What a wild gooseberry chase!

Eurgh, well as I complained to you earlier in the week Nigella messed up my Monday with a lack of adequate instruction on her gooseberry and custard pie. I work now you know, Nige. Can't be running around fretting over unfinished pastry. Haven't the time. Luckily I do actually only work until 4.30pm most days so I was able to experiment with baking the pie once I'd fully ascertained nothing was happening in the fridge (setting wise).
So yes, I baked it and it was alright. It is nice but it feels a bit tainted with the shame of initial failure. I feel like I can't throw it away so I've had a piece for lunch pudding two days, a nibble here and there with tea and Roasty even enjoyed it as our pudding yesterday evening when he popped round after work. You've had the photos on Monday so I won't bore you again.

Earlier in the evening Marky made me the most wonderful bramley apple and pork sausages with a pile of mash potato and asparagus. Asparagus is one of my favourite things in the world. He said he wanted us to have a treat. What a dream.


That has to be the best presentation WYDUAS has seen.

Happy and full we watched Newswipe until Roasty popped round later on. I can't quite recall whether what he had for dinner was my fault or his choice but it was a mash potato sandwich with cheese and a bit of gravy.
Well who doesn't love mash. It was only a matter of time before it made it into the sandwich aisles.

Have some important tv catching up today on this sunny afternoon so I'd better dash

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love pork and apple sausages with mash, it's in my top 5 favourite meals. Bob hates it though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why does she hate it? I'm beginning to wonder if her claim to be a food connoisseur is another "bob lie". ha xx

    ReplyDelete