Tuesday 16 February 2010

Oh what a silly goose, forgot I had pastry yesterday!

Last night Alex popped over with some dinner (spaghetti carbonara) so I thought i'd whip us up a tart with some leftover pastry. Pastry is fast becoming quite a staple for me so I thought i'd jazz it up with some gooseberries Blue Granny gave me. Nigella recommended gooseberry and custard pie. I followed her recipe to the letter(ish) but it was really weird. She let me down by not telling me to chill it or bake it. I had a slice as I like pastry and custard and gooseberries but it did really just feel like a bowlful of those three elements. Imagine if a cake tasted like a bowlful of flour, an egg and some sugar..
I shall try again with it later once I've sought some advice from elsewhere. Clearly all that goose fat has gone to her head!

Bye sugar lips xxxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment