Monday 22 February 2010

I think I need a rest!

My eyes were hurting after all I'd seen that so far that weekend (including the below)
so Chazzle and I parted at the tube and I tottered off to Blue Granny's for a soothe on Saturday evening. I had a nice Shepherd's pie for dinner which I now have a spare one of for my school lunches, and a creme brulee. Then I had a hot bubbly bath and an early night.

After a massive lie in the next day, a game of scrabble and plenty of elevenses we had lunch of roast pork, carrots, parnsips, brussel sprouts and mash potato and mini jacket potatoes. In my opinion no meal is complete without two types of potato.
This is a picture of a bit of it in the oven. Granny doesn't approve of my blog as I 'should have better things to do' so I have to be sly with my photography. The bottom dish is rice pudding. it's very easy to make. Place rice and sugar in an ovenproof dish, pour in milk liquid and give it a good stir. Grate whole nutmeg all over the surface and dot butter on top in little flecks. Pop the dish in the oven for 30 minutes then give it a good stir. Then pop the dish back in the oven to cook for another hour. At the end of this time the rice grains will have become swollen, with pools of creamy liquid all around them, and, of course, all that lovely skin!

I'm really tired now so I shall save the rest of my news for tomorrow. Sleep tight easter eggs xxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment