Friday 26 February 2010

Chilli Con Carnage!

Sheltering in my room from the football louts I began humming a little song in my head to drown out the shrieks emitting from Jim's room. "I'm thinkin' about my doorbell. When ya gonna ring it, when ya gonna ring it". And what should happen but Alex rang the buzzer to rescue me! Aah Jack and Meg worked their magic for me now just as they used to in Mosh. Oh Hi boys. So prompt. Do come in.
Anyway, Alex cut through my cloud of reminiscing and we began to make, well, he made whilst I supplied ingredients, chilli con carne and banana cake. I just made a lot of mess. Accidentally hit Mark on the head with the frying pan! Sorry.
We gobbled up the chilli with slightly off sour cream then went to watch some iplayer in my quiet time room (we had seen each other yesterday so didn't have much new to catch up on) until the banana cake was ready.

What a warm crumbly delight. I had lots and lots.
Banana bread was 150g sugar, plain flour, butter, then sultanas, few tablespoons of sunflower oil, two eggs, a few teaspoons of bicarb and baking powder, 2 mashed bananas. Get a boy to mix it up for you, pop it in a greased loaf tin and in the oven for 40 mins at G5.

Then Alex sped home to bed (sped because he was on his bike not because he was fleeing me- we love to see each other most nights) and I retired with a cushion over my head.

Bye for now pistache xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment